Having taken Boris back to our dealers on 5th September we telephoned last week for a progress report and were told that he was likely to be with them for around another 6 weeks. This is due to the fact that they are having to wait for a replacement habitation door to be delivered from Germany. To be fair we only raised the issue with the door when we took him back to them as we didn’t realise it would require a new one. This doesn’t really present a problem for us currently for two reasons 1) we are waiting around for a property purchase to go to completion currently anyway and 2) we would rather all the niggles be sorted out whilst we are back in the UK so that we can get on with our travels without any further hiccups.
We do feel rather like we are in limbo at the moment though! Although our friends and family are being very kind giving us somewhere to lay our heads whilst we are here we would like to at least have some idea of when things are likely to happen.
Despite numerous e mails and phone calls to our solicitor, things on the house purchase just don’t seem to be moving very quickly currently and as our solicitor is now on holiday this week we won’t get any feedback until at least Tuesday. We would now like to be in a position where we can exchange contracts and agree a completion date so that we can start booking in tradesmen and placing orders etc. At least once we have the keys we can set about getting the place liveable again and this will give us an idea of when we will be able to book the next part of our trip. As the property is split into 2 flats we intend to live in one whilst renovating the other and vice versa so at least we will then be leaving friends and family in peace.
The new property
In the meantime we have some impending catch ups and celebrations, this weekend Cambridgeshire visiting Julia & Ian friends we met on our travels and next weekend Manchester celebrating one of my besties 50th birthday.
Hopefully good news to follow soon
Andi & Paul