As we ring in the end of another amazing year, it’s time for a quick look at how much our travels have cost us. Of course this question is a bit like “How long is a piece of string”, as everyone’s travelling needs, wants and desires will be slightly different. We have had a year that dreams are made of, where we have enjoyed culture and castles galore, we’ve tried our hand a zip lining, had our 1st go at stand up paddle, had a 4×4 jeep experience that added to the grey hair count, watched burning effigies in the middle of a town centre in the name of celebrating the end of winter, been mesmerised by a 5 hour carnival parade, invested in our own kayak, the one and only ‘Kev’, snorkelled a lost city under the sea, watched 100’s of sunsets and sunrises in breathtaking spots and appreciated the delights of the local cuisine in every country we’ve visited.
Our expenditure below is based on the following:
- A 371 day trip, covering approximately 11,500 miles
- Visiting 9 different Countries (2 of them twice)
- Staying on a mixture of campsites, camperstops and wild camping spots.
- Living like we would at home, eating out maybe once or twice a week and the rest of the time cooking ourselves.
- Totals are for 2 people
- Costs include everything, all activities, entrance fees, insurances, ferry costs, fuel etc
Click on the link below to view our spending breakdown
Total Annual Spend was £20,973.33
Average Daily Spend £56.63
We are still amazed that we have managed enjoy so many amazing experiences and visit so many new Countries on just over £10,000 each. I hope this inspires you to do it too.
Happy New Year All
Andi & Paul x